One of the defining features of the DEL-MEM program are our place-based sessions. We believe that a purely distance learning program misses the opportunity to develop strong relationships and networking opportunities between students and faculty. Therefore, students are required to participate in five short, intensive, place-based sessions during the two-year program. The place-based sessions prepare you for the upcoming semesters, allow you to meet your peers and faculty, provide an opportunity for leadership development, and allow you to connect with Duke University. During these sessions, students and faculty develop relationships that last long after the program ends!Students spend the majority of their time learning through an online format. When not on campus or in Washington D.C., students participate in virtual classrooms both synchronously and asynchronously.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Economics of Environmental Management
- Ecosystem Science and Management
- Environmental Law and Policy
- Master’s Project Or Capstone in Environmental Leadership
- Orientation Course: Making a Difference in the World
- Program Management for Environmental Professionals
- Business Strategy for Environmental Sustainability
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
Priority deadline: December 15 (applicants are encouraged to apply early for full financial aid consideration)
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 18 other Masters in Environmental Management in United States
To be considered for the DEL-MEM program, students must have the following:
- Five years of relevant professional environmental experience
- Evidence of leadership potential and an established background in fields directly related to the environment, as shown by applicant essays and reference letters
- Self-motivation and commitment to learn at a distance
- A working knowledge of the Internet and personal computers for word processing and data analysis
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Written sponsorship from employer (or letter of commitment, if self-employed)
- Proficiency in English
International39975 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39975 USD per year and a duration of .
National39975 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39975 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.