A Career-Focused Option with an Internship Experience
The challenge of sustainable environmental quality requires innovative thinking, clear leadership and strong technical expertise.
Our Master of Engineering in Environmental Engineering (without concentration) program draws from Duke University's Pratt School of Engineering and Nicholas School of the Environment—so you get the best of our renowned engineering and environmental research community.
We provide outstanding career support to our master's students.
As a Duke master's student, you can take advantage of our comprehensive and aggressive career development and job search program. You will receive advice from our Master's Assistant Directors of Career Services who work with the Duke Career Center to coordinate various activities throughout the year.
Our career services include:
- On-campus recruiting
- Individual and group career coaching
- Special networking events such as Career Fairs, Tech Connect, Night with Industry and Alumni Networking Event
- Resume and cover letter development, interviewing tips, and social media advice
- Management of High Tech Industries
- Business Fundamentals for Engineers
- Environmental Aquatic Chemistry
- Chemical Fate of Organic Compounds
- Chemical Transformations of Environmental Contaminants
- Physical Chemical processes in Environmental Engineering
- Biological Processes in Environmental Engineering
- Air Pollution Control Engineering
- Physical Hydrology, Hydrometeorology
- Pollutant Transport System
- Model Environmental Chemical and Biological Processes
- Principles of Environmental Modeling
- Microscale physicochemical hydrodynamics
- Molecular Basis of Membrane Transport
- Energy Modeling
- Instrumentation and Methods for Environmental Pollutants
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction View 252 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United States
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science from an accredited institution (transcripts required, including an estimated GPA and a grade scale)
- Statement of Purpose
- Three recommendations
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or equivalent—official results
- English Language Testing (TOEFL or IELTS)—official results
- Interview and/or a video introduction
- Nonrefundable application fee of US$75— paid by credit card, or by a check made payable to Duke University
International57900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28950 USD per semester during 18 months.
National57900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28950 USD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Durham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.