The Anatomy program at Pennsylvania State University, generally completed within two years, requires a minimum of 30 credit hours in anatomical courses (human gross anatomy, histology, and embryology) and biomedical classes along with multidisciplinary research that culminates in an oral defense of a written thesis.
The anatomy curriculum comprises discipline-specific courses in human gross anatomy, human microscopic anatomy and human embryology, integrated with courses in neuroanatomy, cell biology and systems biology.
The goal of the Anatomy MS Program at Pennsylvania State University-College of Medicine is to educate and prepare individuals for advanced professional degrees in human structure, or for accelerated entry into professions related to medical science and biomedical research.
The Master of Science in Anatomy is an academic degree awarded for the satisfactory completion of a program of study that includes both didactic coursework and original research. It is expected that a student will expend a minimum of two academic years of study in a full-time capacity to complete this degree.
- Human Gross Anatomy
- Human Embryology
- Microscopic Anatomy
- Human Structure Cadaveric Laboratory
- Laboratory Research
- Biomedical Ethics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Formal applications for domestic and international students must be received by March 1 for priority consideration or April 15 for regular consideration.
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine Health Sciences View 778 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
To apply to the Anatomy MS program, an applicant must hold either:
- a bachelor's degree from a U.S. regionally accredited institution; or
- a postsecondary degree that is equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree earned from an officially recognized degree-granting international institution.
A complete application through The Graduate School should include:
- Completed application form with personal statement of purpose
- Payment of the $65 application fee
- Official GRE or MCAT test scores (must be taken within past three years) - School Code 2660
- 3 letters of recommendation, uploaded through online application system by person writing the reference
- TOEFL score (if applicable)
International39248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39248 USD per year during 24 months.
National23082 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23082 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Hershey
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.