This is a continuance of the Department of Physics and Astronomy’s innovative Engineering Physics discipline at The University of Maine.
- Specialized courses in the student’s research interest and allied fields precede a written thesis. M.S. degree candidates must pass an oral exam on the thesis work.
- A non-thesis option requiring 36 course credits is also available.
- Quantum Mechanics
- Graduate Laboratory
- Statistical Mechanics
- Methods of Theoretical Physics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPhysics General Engineering & Technology View 1793 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Completed online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcript of all previous college or university work
- Official test scores
- $65 application fee
International29214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29214 USD per year during 12 months.
National29214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29214 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9738 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Orono
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.