The curriculum is aligned with the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) and helps cultivate strategies for teaching students with disabilities and collaborating with others to create individualized learning plans. You’ll take just one course at a time, and most are only 6 weeks long. That way, you can balance work and life on the path to your degree.
In the Education - Special Education program from University of Phoenix, you’ll study:
- Strategies for measuring students’ strengths and needs
- Special education laws and their implications for identification, placement, and instruction
- A range of disabilities, including behavioral, physical, developmental, and the autism spectrum
- Classroom management and inclusion strategies
- Structured English immersion
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Communications
- Orientation To Teacher Education
- Curriculum Const And Assmt: Reading And Lang Arts For Spe
- Structured English Immersion
- Advanced Structured English Immersion Methods
- Special Education Assessment And Interpretation
- Orientation To The Exceptional Child
- Characteristics Of Emotional & Behavioral Disorders
- Characteristics Of Physical & Health Disabilities
- Characteristics Of Intellectual/developmental Disabilities
- Characteristics Of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 199 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- All academic records from international colleges and countries outside the United States are evaluated by the evaluation service provided by University of Phoenix.
- A valid, acceptable visa or resident alien status is required if an applicant lives and/or works in the United States and is not a U.S. citizen.
International14194 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 540 USD per credit during 21 months.
National14194 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 540 USD per credit during 21 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.