For some, the question seeks depth within a particular field of study. For others, the question calls for focus that is interdisciplinary.
The Theology program of the Union Presbyterian Seminary offers an additional year of academic preparation beyond the Master of Divinity degree, the Master of Arts in Christian Education, or a master’s degree in an area of theological study. It prepares graduates for leadership in various ministries in the church and world and further graduate work.
- All Th.M. students will successfully complete at least 24 semester hours, including a Th.M. thesis or summative project, and an oral exam based on their thesis or their summative project. Some Th.M. students may choose to concentrate their studies in a particular field (e.g., New Testament, American Christianity), while others may draw upon the resources of various departments.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 581 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, from a four-year college or university accredited by one of the nationally recognized regional accrediting agencies or the international equivalent.
- Complete an application.
- Send application fee ($50).
- Request three references.
- Request all transcripts.
- Complete a background check. A background check is required of all applicants who are US Citizens, Resident Aliens, and International Applicants who have lived in the US for more than two years.
- Return your personal disclosure statement.
- Interview with a faculty member.
- English Language Proficiency.
- Financial requirements: An international student Certification of Funding form with bank statements showing available funds from each source of assistance.
- Living Expenses (2018-2019 estimated costs).
International15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD per year during 12 months.
National15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.