Students may register for independent study in order to undertake theoretical or empirical research projects or fieldwork. Students whose goal is to acquire professional skills in clinical or counseling psychology may enroll in introductory course offerings, which in many cases can be applicable if the student is later admitted to one of the more advanced master's or doctoral programs in these areas.
In order to accommodate the diverse aims of individual students, a considerable degree of flexibility has been built into the course of study leading to the M.A. degree. An attempt has been made to minimize specific course requirements, and the student will find that there is a good deal of freedom to choose from among the many offerings provided by Teachers College and the Columbia University Graduate Faculties. In consultation with an advisor, students may create an individually tailored program of study or may enter an area of focus in Risk, Resilience, and Prevention; Developmental Psychology for Educators; Creativity and Cognition; or Children's Media.
Teachers College at Columbia University Career Education & Professional Development encourages students from all academic disciplines to incorporate career learning into the larger scope of daily life to aid in making a positive impact in the diverse worldwide community. We are committed to empowering all Teachers College students with the skills, resources and opportunities needed to pursue and achieve their post-graduate goals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Methods of empirical research
- Cognitive development
- Development and psychopathology: Atypical contexts and populations
- Personality development and socialization in childhood
- Personality development and socialization across the lifespan
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPsychology View 926 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants from the U.S. are required to hold, or be in the process of obtaining, a 120-credit baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- International applicants must hold, or be in the process of obtaining, the equivalent of a 120-credit U.S. baccalaureate degree.
- All applicants must have a conferred baccalaureate degree before matriculating at Teachers College.
International1768 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1768 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1768 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1768 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.