It has a long-standing tradition of training a diverse range of public health and health professionals in the skills needed to identify, prevent and solve community health problems. The University of Rochester Department of Public Health Sciences will provide a 40% tuition scholarship to full-time Master’s students who register for and complete 12 or more credit hours per semester.
Upon completion of the Public Health program of University of Rochester, students will be well prepared for professional careers focused on public health practice and research in the public health and medical fields, as well as careers in private industry, government, and non-profit agencies.
Why the University of Rochester for your MPH?
- Established in 1970
- Outstanding teaching faculty.
- Ongoing research on critical public health issues including tobacco control, air quality, breastfeeding, maternal/child health and nutrition, HIV prevention and deaf health.
- Dedication to programs done in collaboration with community partners.
- Our program is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
- Our program trains present and future health professionals from a variety of disciplines by developing an enhancing research, evaluative and planning abilities
- We provide skills for a rational and analytic approach to problem solving from both investigative and managerial perspectives
- The program prepares graduates for roles in a wide variety of public and regulatory agencies, in profit and not-for-profit private health agencies, and in health services research
Why Should I Pursue a Career in Public Health?
Most experts agree that major advances in improvement of health over the next decades will not come from new medical findings or cures, but rather the broader development and application of population-based prevention programs.
Health services delivery systems are undergoing rapid change. Greater emphasis is being placed on health promotion and disease prevention as a means to reduce the costs of care by improving the health of our populations. These changes have created a broad array of new opportunities for professionals with advanced training in public health.
As the public become more informed about the effects of toxic wastes and pollutants on their health, greater emphasis is being placed on assuring the safety of our communities as well as worker health and safety. As a result, there is growing demand for experts in environmental health and industrial hygiene.
Public health research is focusing more on women's health, and child and substance abuse, and an increased emphasis is being placed on behavioral change to prevent the risk of STDs, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and unplanned pregnancies. Greater emphasis is also being placed on school health and the health of minority and disadvantaged populations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ethics and Professional Integrity in Research
- Quantitative Methods
- Data Management & Analysis
- US Health Care System: Financing, Delivery & Performance
- Social & Behavioral Medicine
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health View 236 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application to the Master in Public Health Program is encouraged from persons with a special interest or experience in the health field, from those in health-related professions, and from persons with professional degrees in medicine and other fields related to health care. Candidates for admission to the program must have earned a baccalaureate degree, or its equivalent.
- Create an online application account
- Statement of Purpose
- Uploaded copy of transcript(s) to online application
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Official GRE Scores
- Official TOEFL
International1784 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1784 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1784 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1784 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.