Divinity from St. John’s Seminary is a first professional degree whose purpose is to prepare students for effective ministry in the Church.
Graduates with Divinity from St. John’s Seminary will be able to:
- demonstrate a personal rootedness, professional competence, and commitment to ongoing formation in the Roman Catholic tradition essential for developing ministerial identity and mission
- demonstrate the skills essential to be an effective communicator, teacher, and homilist of the Word of God in today’s world
- demonstrate the habits essential to becoming a man of prayer who is willing, able, and competent to lead others in prayer and worship through effective liturgical presiding according to the mind of the Church.
- demonstrate effective, competent, and professional pastoral skills necessary for the multiethnic and multicultural context of parochial ministry for the Catholic priesthood
- Patristics and Early Church History
- Ministry Experience
- Christian Anthropology
- Christology and Soteriology
- Historical Books
- Contemporary Preaching
- R C I A and Evangelization
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 600 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an institution of higher learning accredited by a principal and recognized regional accrediting organization
- An undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher, or a standardized test score that demonstrates likelihood of successful learning at the graduate level.
- Resume of ministry experience and statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation
- Transcripts: official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended
- Standardized tests - GRE, TOEFL
- Citizenship a. Proof of U.S. citizenship; or Documentation of immigration status
International20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 48 months.
National20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Camarillo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.