The online Master of Professional Studies (MPS) in Strategic Communications at Pennsylvania State University explores the importance of messaging. In this 30-credit degree program, you will learn the methods and practices used to conduct effective research in examining practical and theoretical questions in strategic communications. Courses highlight the collection, analysis, and utilization of digital media audience data in this degree designed with the future of communications in mind. In addition, the MPS in Strategic Communications program allows customization through elective courses. Electives give you the opportunity to dive deep into leadership, digital analytics, social media, communications law, and more, so you can specialize your skill set for your career path.
The ability to research, develop, implement, and ultimately analyze your campaigns can impact strategic decisions and improve communication performance. This master's degree touches on subject matter important to 21st century communication leaders, such as:
- Research Methods
- Campaign Development
- Content Implementation
- Media Analytics
- Leadership and Law
As a graduate of the online MPS in Strategic Communications program, the skills of creating, executing, and evaluating communication strategies can make you a valuable asset in media outlets, business, government, education, and nonprofit organizations. The positions for which you may be qualified include:
- Marketing Manager
- Fundraising Manager
- Market Research Analyst
- Public Relations Specialist
- Content Manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Reaching Multicultural Populations with Strategic Communications
- Advanced Digital Media Analytics
- Ethics and Decision Making in Strategic Communications
- Digital Media Analytics
- Strategic Communications Industry
- Strategic Communications: Theory and Implementation
- Strategic Communications Law
- Strategic Communications Campaigns
- Social Media Communications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDigital Communication Digital Marketing View 59 other Masters in Digital Communication in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- English Proficiency
- References (3)
- Résumé — Upload your résumé to the online application.
- Statement of Purpose — Two to three pages explaining your interest and/or background in strategic communications, and how this degree fits into your career plans.
- Writing Sample — An academic or professional work demonstrating your analytical and writing abilities.
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.