Teachers and educational professionals enrolled in the online Master of Education in Special Education program at Pennsylvania State University can learn about evidence-based practices to support individuals with special needs or those who are at risk. This program focuses on current issues and topics in the field of special education and gives you the opportunity to choose an emphasis in Academic and Behavioral Supports, Applied Behavior Analysis, or Autism.
- The Academic and Behavioral Supports emphasis is designed for educational professionals who want to learn skills to effectively support students with disabilities. Topics include, but are not limited to, effectively managing behaviors, designing and delivering instruction, and developing and administering educational assessments.
- The Applied Behavior Analysis emphasis is for professionals who want to gain in-depth knowledge of the principles and procedures of ABA, with or without the goal of becoming a Board Certified Behavior Analyst® (BCBA). Educational professionals certified as BCBAs develop, implement, and monitor programs to promote positive behavior change in individuals with special needs.
- The emphasis in Autism is designed to help you acquire comprehensive, evidence-based knowledge to assist in developing effective educational programming for all students with autism spectrum disorders. It includes course work on assessing individuals with autism spectrum disorders; developing strategies to foster social, behavioral, communicative, and academic gains; using applied behavior analysis when working with children with autism; and enhancing collaboration among individuals with ASD, their families, and educators.
- Teaching Learners with Disabilities in Inclusive Settings
- Current Issues in Special Education
- Concepts and Principles of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Ethical Considerations for Special Education Populations
- Autism and Applied Behavior Analysis
- Communication and Social Competence
- Assessment and Curriculum
- Design and Delivery of Evidence-Based Instruction for Learners with Special Needs
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Early Childhood Education View 1250 other Masters in Education in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Pennsylvania State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- English Proficiency
- References (3)
- Résumé or curriculum vitae — Upload your résumé (one to two pages) to the online application.
- Personal Statement — A statement (one to two pages) addressing your purpose and objectives in enrolling in a graduate program in special education.
International33231 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1007 USD per credit during 12 months.
National33231 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1007 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.