Prepare to take leadership roles in addressing complex environmental design problems in settings ranging from urban design to conservation planning, with the Master of Professional Studies in Geodesign at Pennsylvania State University. As a student in our geodesign program, you can learn to capitalize on the power of spatial knowledge and evolving technologies, identify opportunities that emerge to better inform the design, understand your relevance to particular situations, and assist communities in designing alternative futures based on a unique process that brings all this information into focus.
- The World Campus graduate geodesign program is offered in partnership with Penn State's College of Arts and Architecture and in cooperation with Penn State's Department of Geography. The program is taught by expert faculty practicing at Penn State and in the field and features in-depth study in geodesign and geography courses to provide you with a comprehensive knowledge of the field that can prove highly attractive to potential employers.
- Geodesign (GEODZ) courses operate on 8-week terms. Our geography (GEOG) courses operate on 10-week terms. With two course terms offered in the fall and spring and one in the summer, some courses may overlap. However, this term structure provides you with the greatest flexibility possible in completing your master's degree at your preferred pace. You can choose to schedule your courses without any overlap, or take as many courses as possible to finish sooner.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Geodesign Models: Evaluation and Decision
- Geodesign History, Theory, Principles
- Geodesign Models: Process and Impact
- Geodesign Models: Representation and Change
- Geodesign Studio: Rural/Regional Challenges
- Geodesign Studio: Urban/District-Scale Challenges
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Geography View 23 other Masters in Geography in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- English Proficiency
- References (3)
- Résumé — Upload your résumé to the online application.
- Statement of Purpose — Your personal statement should not exceed three single-spaced pages. It should describe your specific career goals and objectives, prior experience relevant to the decision to pursue an advanced degree, and other information that may be useful to the admissions committee. The statement should also include an overview of a possible topic for the individual capstone project.
International33250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
National33250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.