Additive manufacturing, also known as 3D printing, is a rapidly emerging trend in the manufacturing sector, redefining how everything from medical devices to aerospace structures are designed, engineered, manufactured, certified, and brought to market.
The 30-credit online Master of Engineering in Additive Manufacturing and Design (AMD) is offered through Penn State World Campus in partnership with Penn State's College of Engineering and the School of Engineering Design, Technology, and Professional Programs, along with the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences. It is the first multidisciplinary graduate-level program focused on additive manufacturing and design in the country.
The primary goal of the Additive Manufacturing and Design program at Pennsylvania State University is to prepare you to apply foundational knowledge, critical thinking, problem solving, and creativity, in your use of additive manufacturing and associated design tools and methods. You can grow as a leader in 3D printing and prototyping and help accelerate industry adoption of additive manufacturing, while striving for advancement of the technology and developing innovative solutions.
What you will learn
The focus of the curriculum is to help engineers become well versed not only in technical engineering skills, but also in communication, ethics, entrepreneurial thinking, and professionalism. The courses can help you acquire the analytical and practical skills to digitally design, develop, analyze, numerically model, optimize, fabricate, and inspect new components and subassemblies, using additive manufacturing technologies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Additive Manufacturing Processes
- Engineering and Scientific Principles of Additive Manufacturing
- Design for Additive Manufacturing
- Additive Manufacturing of Metallic Materials
- Metal Additive Manufacturing Lab
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design General Engineering & Technology View 73 other Masters in Design in United States
- A baccalaureate degree in engineering, engineering technology, manufacturing, materials science or related or discipline from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- For admission to the program, a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent) is needed.
- A minimum of 2–3 years of relevant work experience is recommended.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- English Proficiency
- References (3)
- Statement of purpose
International33630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1121 USD per credit during 12 months.
National33630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1121 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.