At Community Counseling from Missouri Valley College practicum and internship opportunities include partnerships with local community mental health providers, creating wonderful clinical training opportunities that mirror the career choices students can later pursue.
Graduates with Community Counseling from Missouri Valley College will:
- Possess foundational knowledge, skills, and attitudes appropriate for a successful professional in the counseling field
- Demonstrate reflective thinking and decision-making rooted in self-awareness and self-understanding for establishing and creating healthy therapeutic relationships
- Demonstrate an integration of knowledge, theory, and clinical application
- Counseling Theory
- Ethics and Professional Orientation
- Relationship Dynamics
- Human Lifespan Development
- Appraisal of the Individual
- Career Development
- Group Therapy
- Social and Cultural Diversity
- Marriage & Family Therapy
- Children and Adolescent Therapy
- Addictions Counseling
- Human Sexuality
- 24 months
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Apply three weeks prior to the beginning. Applications received after the deadline may be considered whether space is available
DisciplinesSchool Counselling Counselling Psychology View 715 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning with a major in Psychology or a closely related field.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) for the last 60 hours of undergraduate work.
- For those with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, no GRE is required. For those with less than a 3.0 GPA, a combined (Verbal and Quantitative) GRE score of 290 is required. An Analytical score of at least 4 is expected.
- An updated resume.
- A personal statement (2-3 typed pages) regarding your interest in pursuing an advanced degree in the helping profession.
- Three or more letters of professional recommendation. The letters of recommendation should be from former professors, supervisors, or other professionals familiar with the candidate’s academic, personal, or professional integrity.
- An interview is required of prospective students, preferably an on-campus interview.
International9600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 400 USD per credit during 24 months.
National9600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 400 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Marshall
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.