The Sustainable Design program offered by Minneapolis College of Art and Design is ideal for students who are seeking a deep understanding of the cutting-edge theories, practical applications, and leadership strategies of sustainable design in order to forge new paths in this continually evolving field.
Through a blending of theory, practice, and leadership concepts and skills, MCAD’s master of arts in sustainable design program educates individuals to become collaborative designers, global innovators, and creative leaders in the field of sustainable design.
Graduates with M.A. in Sustainable Design from Minneapolis College of Art and Design will be able to:
- Define the term sustainability and summarize the history of its usage.
- Identify all currently applied sustainability frameworks and describe examples of their application. Use and apply sustainability frameworks to solve real-world sustainability challenges.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in collaborative groups to produce sustainability-focused work and deliver professional presentations. Connect coursework learning to professional development through the creation of a professional web-based portfolio.
- Formulate a clear and concise thesis work proposal and evaluate achievements of their proposed work.
- Create a self-driven, sustainability-focused thesis project and presentation.
- Discuss sustainability-focused thesis project, paper, and research during the final thesis review with a committee of practicing sustainability professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Systems Thinking
- Creative Leadership
- Graduate Sustainability Practicum
- Making the Business Case for Sustainability
- The Practice of Sustainable Design
- Collaborative Product Design
- Innovation Tools and Techniques
- Biomimetic Design
- Visual Communications for Sustainability
- Packaging Sustainability
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign View 53 other Masters in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- MA students must hold an undergraduate degree before enrolling.
- Application Form
- Official College Transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation that attest to your creative ability, self-discipline, academic record, and commitment to your intended area of study. Letters should be from academic mentors, instructors, advisors, or professional supervisors, clients, or employers.
- Personal Statement: List your top three career goals. How do you expect this MA in sustainable design to help you achieve your professional goals? What has been your experience with the process of design? Present an example of your past engagement in the field of sustainable design. How did this experience influence your perspective on your role as a sustainable designer?
- Proof of English Proficiency
International10260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10260 USD per year and a duration of 30 months.
National10260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10260 USD per year and a duration of 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.