Asynchronous coursework offers flexibility while occasional synchronous meetings allow for community-building with fellow students, faculty, and visiting experts. Course activities may include readings, videos, discussions, projects, team work, and critiques. Small class sizes encourage collaboration and personal attention from experienced faculty.
As a master's student in Sustainable Design, you will:
- Explore current sustainability theories and frameworks.
- Practice innovative sustainable design tools and techniques through project-based assignments.
- Experience collaborative design and creative leadership.
- Develop systems thinking, critical thinking, research, writing, problem-solving, and visual-presentation skills.
- Build a web-based portfolio of your coursework.
- Complete a cutting-edge, sustainability-focused thesis project and presentation.
- Gain actionable knowledge that keeps you and your organization at the forefront of this increasingly important field.
- Engage with an international network of sustainability professionals and supportive MCAD alumni.
There are many paths to explore with a Master's in Sustainable Design from Minneapolis College of Art and Design.
Potential careers include:
Eco Fashion Designer
Sustainable Packaging Designer
Green Business Marketer
- Systems Thinking
- Creative Leadership
- Graduate Sustainability Practicum
- Making the Business Case for Sustainability
- The Practice of Sustainable Design
- Collaborative Product Design
- Innovation Tools and Techniques
- Biomimetic Design
- Visual Communications for Sustainability
- Packaging Sustainability
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Sustainable Development View 41 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- MA students must hold an undergraduate degree before enrolling.
- Application Form
- Official College Transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation that attest to your creative ability, self-discipline, academic record, and commitment to your intended area of study. Letters should be from academic mentors, instructors, advisors, or professional supervisors, clients, or employers.
- Personal Statement: List your top three career goals. How do you expect this MA in sustainable design to help you achieve your professional goals? What has been your experience with the process of design? Present an example of your past engagement in the field of sustainable design. How did this experience influence your perspective on your role as a sustainable designer?
- Proof of English Proficiency
International10800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 USD per year during 12 months.
National10800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 USD per year during 12 months.
- Part-time tuition fee: $5,400
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.