The graduate program in Criminal Justice at Radford University allows students to prepare for management and other careers in criminal justice and related fields. The program is designed both to enhance students' existing capabilities and to develop unique competencies and skills for future academic and career goals.
Students pursuing the Master of Science degree in criminal justice must complete a minimum of 36 semester hours from among the following areas: Required core courses (18 credits), CRJU electives (12 credits), and free electives (6 credits).
Full-time graduate students are required to take CRJU 600 andCRJU 670 during the fall semester of their initial enrollment (and are strongly encouraged to take CRJU 655) and CRJU 671 and CRJU 675 during the spring semester of their initial enrollment. Part-time students are required to take CRJU 600, CRJU 670, CRJU 671, and CRJU 675 prior to taking other courses during the semesters in which these courses are offered. Departures from this policy must be approved by the Graduate Coordinator.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Survey of Criminal Justice
- Constitutional Law and the Criminal Justice System
- Criminal Justice Research Methods
- Quantitative Methods in Criminal Justice Research
- Studies in Criminological Theory
- Public Policy and Criminal Justice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law View 223 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
- A minimum overall grade point average of 2.9.
- Two letters of reference are required, from persons able to evaluate the student's academic ability/potential (at least one letter must come from a person outside the Radford University Criminal Justice faculty).
- A minimum five-page sample of your writing on any topic that demonstrates your ability to apply research in the field.
- A personal statement about why you would like to pursue graduate study.
- No more than six graduate credit hours (approved by the Criminal Justice Department and College of Graduate and Professional Studies) may be transferred into the program.
International17441 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17441 USD per year during 12 months.
National17441 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17441 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8915 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8915 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Radford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.