Students will graduate with well-developed competencies in evaluating complex financial problems, employing statistical and econometric techniques, and recommending financial solutions to stakeholders.
The Finance program offered by Pamplin School of Business at the University of Portland is a 30 credit-hour, or ten semester class, Master of Science degree. The specific focus on finance allows for more flexibility in course work than an accounting/finance dual degree. The coursework overlaps tightly with material covered in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and Certified Financial Planner (CFP) licensing exams.
- Integrates theories and applications from economics, accounting, mathematics, and strategy to create a rigorous curriculum
- Graduates will have well developed competencies in evaluating complex financial problems, employing statistical and economic techniques, and recommending financial solutions to stakeholders
- Ability to become Bloomberg Certified with access to one of the largest Bloomberg Trading Rooms on the West Coast
- Curriculum includes topics covered in the CFA and CFP exams
- 30 hour flexible program structured for the working professional
Accredited by the Association of Advanced Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- Corporate Finance
- Security and Portfolio Management
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Derivatives and Risk Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Thesis Option - 27 hours beyond the common body of knowledge; 3-hour thesis course
- Non-thesis Option - 30 hours beyond the common body of knowledge
DisciplinesProject Management Business Administration Finance View 1610 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
- Statement of Goals
- Current resume
- Two recommendation forms and letters
- Official transcripts (from all previously attended academic institutions)
- A bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university recognized by the University of Portland
- International Applicants: All foreign degrees will be evaluated by International Student Services prior to an admission decision
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.2 or higher (on a scale of 4.0)
- Official GMAT (Minimum quantitative score in the 55 percentile and verbal score of 50 percentile) or GRE (score equivalent to GMAT score)
- International Applicants: an official score from either the TOEFL (minimum score of 88) or IELTS (minimal score of 7.0) exam is required
- International Applicants: Proof of financial support will be required to attend the University of Portland, but is not required for application review
International41280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1376 USD per credit during 12 months.
National41280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1376 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.