Students in the M.A. in Intercultural Studies come with varied levels of cross-cultural experience, from short-term missions trips to years in the field. Many are interested in overseas missions, while others desire to work amongst cross-cultural populations in the U.S. This program is a great option if you’re still exploring your calling within the cross-cultural context.
M.A. in Intercultural Studies (formerly known as the M.A. in World Missions and Evangelism) graduates are living and ministering in diverse locations across the globe, including Kenya, Thailand, the Middle East, Japan, Ukraine, Paraguay, Haiti and many more.
- To understand the basic content and themes of the Old and New Testaments in their historical and cultural settings, as well as the historical and theological dimensions of the Christian faith
- To become familiar with the basic contours of the history of Christian missions
- To experience a field-specific, cross-cultural mission internship so as to develop the skills and a deep commitment to the worldwide communication of the gospel in strategic partnership with the global church
- To foster love for God and his Word and therefore to cultivate the practices of spiritual maturity and Christ-like character, and to understand the Christian's ethical responsibility in church and society
- To appreciate and be sensitive to the cultural, religious and social contexts of the peoples of the world and develop appropriate strategies for communicating the gospel into those contexts, with a special emphasis on those who currently have no access to the gospel or where the church is not yet viable
- To engage in biblical and theological reflections which are particularly essential for effective cross-cultural ministries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The World Mission of the Church
- Evangelical Theology and World Religions
- Applied Anthropology for Missions
- Overseas Missions Practicum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 123 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Online application including a) Personal statements addressing questions about vocational goal, church involvement, encouragement from others, reasons for applying to Gordon-Conwell and an assessment of strengths and weaknesses and b) a brief autobiography.
- Official transcripts sent directly from all colleges and institutions of higher education attended.
- Three written recommendations
- Church endorsement form completed and signed by a church official at the church you currently attend.
- Application fee of $50 (U.S.) for the online application or $100 for the paper application.
- TOEFL score (international students only).
International665 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 665 USD per credit during 24 months.
National665 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 665 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Essex
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.