Master of Arts (Old Testament) students are typically interested in pursuing doctoral work, for which this degree is excellent preparation. Some may choose to earn a dual degree with Biblical Languages or New Testament to enhance their preparedness for further studies. If you are interested in Bible translation, teaching or other related ministries, the MAOT will prepare you well by equipping you with essential exegetical and hermeneutical skills using the original languages.
- Embodiment of the institution’s commitment to the original text and biblical languages
- Exegesis courses taught in Hebrew and Aramaic to thoroughly integrate Old Testament language with Old Testament studies
- Rigorous courses range from in-depth language study to a survey of other disciplines, providing students with a holistic theological education
- Thesis track option per invitation by a faculty member
- Access to other top-tier institutions, including Harvard Divinity School and Boston University School of Theology, through the Boston Theological Institute
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Interpreting the Old Testament
- Exegesis in Exodus
- Theological Hermeneutics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 566 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Online application including a) Personal statements addressing questions about vocational goal, church involvement, encouragement from others, reasons for applying to Gordon-Conwell and an assessment of strengths and weaknesses and b) a brief autobiography.
- Official transcripts sent directly from all colleges and institutions of higher education attended.
- Three written recommendations
- Church endorsement form completed and signed by a church official at the church you currently attend.
- Application fee of $50 (U.S.) for the online application or $100 for the paper application.
- TOEFL score (international students only).
International665 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 665 USD per credit during 24 months.
National665 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 665 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Essex
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.