The student may receive graduate credit for certain courses completed during the fourth year, but must earn a B.S. before formal admission to the graduate program, normally at the beginning of the fifth year.
All M.S. degree candidates must present a thesis based on approved research.
The program is intended to extend the broad introductory curriculum which constitutes the B.S. requirements to the master's level and help undergraduates get involved earlier and more extensively in research. At the graduate level, formal courses are kept to a minimum. The emphases on the research experience and the development of facility with current literature are structured to prepare students for participation in doctoral programs.
Although the program has been organized to specifically benefit students who earn the B.S. degree at Furman, students from other institutions with strong undergraduate credentials may be considered for admission.
Students must complete assigned assistantship duties in a satisfactory manner to remain enrolled.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantum Chemistry
- Topics in Organic Chemistry
- Advanced Topics in Inorganic Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Biological Chemistry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry View 439 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Furman seniors may apply for admission upon successful completion of the B.S. degree. Favorable recommendation will be contingent upon satisfactory performance in chemistry courses numbered 400 or greater.
- All other students may apply for admission by presenting acceptable preparation in their undergraduate programs and satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Examination.
- Once admitted, the student will be assigned to a graduate committee that will approve a course of study, research problem and thesis. This committee will include a faculty member who will direct the student's research problem and at least one additional faculty member appointed by the department chair.
International50464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50464 USD per year during 12 months.
National50464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50464 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Greenville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.