The program is intended to extend the broad introductory curriculum which constitutes the B.S. requirements to the master's level and help undergraduates get involved earlier and more extensively in research. At the graduate level, formal courses are kept to a minimum. The emphases on the research experience and the development of facility with current literature are structured to prepare students for participation in doctoral programs.
Our students are among the nation's leaders in publishing and presenting their findings on contemporary problems including:
- Preparing and characterizing novel nanomaterials
- Understanding the chemistry of living systems
- Developing new energy technologies
- Expanding the toolbox for chemical and medical diagnostics
- Synthesizing natural products and pharmaceuticals
With a degree from Furman, you'll be prepared to pursue an advanced degree or career at some of the nation's top graduate schools, medical schools and businesses.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Quantum Chemistry
- Topics in Organic Chemistry
- Advanced Topics in Inorganic Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Biological Chemistry
For more information, please visit the programme website.
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesChemistry View 455 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- Furman seniors may apply for admission upon successful completion of the B.S. degree
- Favorable recommendation will be contingent upon satisfactory performance in chemistry courses numbered 400 or greater
- All other students may apply for admission by presenting acceptable preparation in their undergraduate programs and satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Examination
International415 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 415 USD per credit and a duration of .
National415 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 415 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.