Students acquire the necessary counseling knowledge and skills to engage in communities as effective community leaders and social justice advocates. Graduates are compassionate and ethical in their work as trained professionals that honor and respect the innate dignity of every person in a global, diverse population.
The online Counseling degree program from the Divine Mercy University requires 66 semester credit hours of coursework, a practicum experience of 100 hours with a minimum of 40 hours of direct services and an internship of 600 hours with a minimum of 240 hours of direct service. Students are also required to travel to complete three extended weekend residencies in the duration of the program.
What can I do with an M.S. in Counseling degree?Master level professional counselors are employed by a variety of organizations including:
- clinical mental health agencies
- counseling centers
- private practices
- church/mission settings
- hospitals, in-patient facilities
- school support services
- military facilities
- and in overseas settings.
Divine Mercy University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award masters and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Divine Mercy University.
- Counseling Advisement
- Foundation and Ethics of Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Theories and Models of Counseling and Personality
- Human Growth and Development Across the Lifespan
- Career Development
- Social and Cultural Diversity
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 277 other Masters in Psychology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Divine Mercy University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA
- Completed Application for Admission document
- One Recommendation Form from an Academic Reference – If you believe you may have trouble obtaining an academic reference, please contact the Admissions Office to discuss this requirement.
- Submission of official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions even if a degree was not awarded.
- Submission of essays as noted in Application for Admission document
- Current Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Official GRE general test scores (DMU school code 5639) within the past five years
- $55 application fee, which the Admissions Office can choose to waive in extenuating circumstances
International19756 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 898 USD per credit during 36 months.
National19756 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 898 USD per credit during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.