Enter a Student. Emerge an Anesthesia Professional.
The Anesthesia program of Medical College of Wisconsin is the first in the state, and one of only 12 nationwide, to train anesthesiologist assistants, who will work under the direction of leading physician anesthesiologists after graduation. Our curriculum immerses students in all areas of anesthesia knowledge throughout the 28-month program, transforming you into an expert clinician. Based at MCW's Milwaukee campus, the MSA program at MCW teaches to the highest level of professionalism. As part of MCW's Department of Anesthesiology, our students learn at top academic medical centers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Science
- Physics and Delivery Systems for Anesthesia
- Patient Assessment I: Approach to the Healthy Patient
- Planning and Preparation I: Approach to the Healthy Patient
- Implementation and Management I: General Anesthesia and Sedation
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 536 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Bachelor’s Degree - In order to apply to the program, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a college or university located in the United States or Canada that is accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- GPA - Applicants must earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 or meet the requirements of the Recent Academic Achievement Pathway.
- Test Scores - Applicants must have taken the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) within 5 years
- Letters of Recommendation (3) from individuals who are familiar with your suitability for graduate study leading into a career in anesthesia clinical practice.
- At least 8 hours of anesthesia shadowing is required.
International46540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46540 USD per year during 30 months.
National46540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46540 USD per year during 30 months.
- First & second year: 45,540 USD
- Third year: 23,270 USD
Living costs for Milwaukee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.