These candidates for the M.A. degree in History at The City University of New York must then present a master's thesis, prepared under the direction of a thesis supervisor from the Department of History and an approved second reader, and accepted by the thesis supervisor.
Students who plan to do a capstone project first must successfully complete 33 credits of course work with a 3.0 average. They then must pass a comprehensive oral or written examination in two fields. These candidates for the M.A. degree must then present an approved capstone project, prepared under the direction of an adviser from the Department of History.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- World History and Historiography or
- U.S. History and Historiography
- Seminar in History
- Advanced Tutorial Project in History
- Master's Thesis Preparation or
- Capstone Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 589 other Masters in History in United States
- Possess a bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited college or university.
- Have demonstrated the potential to successfully pursue graduate study - that is, have attained a minimum undergraduate grade average of B in History courses and a minimum grade average of B- in the undergraduate record as a whole.
- Have taken a minimum of 18 credits of coursework in History, acceptable to the department.
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Submit a 1-2 page essay consisting of responses to application-packet questions.
- Submit a sample of college-level writing.
- If conditionally admitted, satisfy the conditions within one year.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.