Intellectual property law students will choose 12 credit hours from among the core courses. Elective courses in business law, international intellectual property law, biomedical advancements, biotechnological innovation, and internet law deepen students’ understanding in areas specific to their interest.
Attorneys specializing in the field work as advisors to government agencies on issues of evolving intellectual property law, consultants on intellectual property for law firms and corporations, and practicing lawyers in intellectual property suits.
Faculty and staff
The Indiana University Bloomington faculty members are internationally known for research that defines the major issues of our time. Their research spans diverse fields including cybersecurity, human rights, information technology, the environment, and international business transactions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Survey of Intellectual Property
- Copyright Law
- Patent Law
- Trademark and Unfair Competition Law
- Intellectual Property Antitrust
- Elective courses
- Entertainment Law
- Federal Circuit Advocacy
- Intellectual Property Colloquium
- International Business Transactions
- International Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Law Transactions
- Internet Law
- Internet Law: Political and Legal Dimensions
- IP Practicum: Legal Aspects of Music
- Law and Biomedical Advance
- Seminar in Intellectual Property
- Seminar: Introduction to Biotechnological Innovation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPatent & Intellectual Property Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 138 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- LLM and MCL applicants who received their undergraduate education outside the United States are generally required to have completed a degree in law or a strong undergraduate concentration in legal coursework.
- Our SJD program is for international law graduates who already hold an LLM degree and who have demonstrated exceptional analytical and research abilities. For all programs, an applicant's educational history should demonstrate exceptional performance, based on factors such as courses completed, GPA, class rank, and other indicators.
International30642 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30642 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National30642 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30642 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10080 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.