This location, like nowhere else, provides the student access to the changing ideas and forms of contemporary art and is crucial to the achievement of our educational goal: to develop professional artists capable of continued growth once they leave the relatively structured university environment.
The Studio Art program at The City University of New York is designed to offer broad training for artists in the development of critical and analytical visual thinking as it relates to their work. Over the course of three years, students work closely with faculty tutors to develop their own art individual work. Student work is then examined and tested in the context of contemporary practice during group critique, seminars and one-on-one visits with well-known artists, critics and curators.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Studio Elective
- Contemporary Art Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 522 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- General application ($125.00 fee)
- A statement of purpose describing work, your goals, and how attending Hunter will help you achieve those goals.
- Two letters of recommendation from former instructors, preferably studio art faculty from your undergraduate institution.
- TOEFL score (if applicable).
- Ten Images and/or three minutes of video submitted via Slideroom ($15.00 fee)
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.