Biology students at The City University of New York may fulfill requirements for the MA through either of the following plans:
- Plan A: A minimum of 30 credits of course work plus a passing grade in a written comprehensive examination in the areas covered by the four required courses. The comprehensive examination is given annually in June. Only fully matriculated students who have completed all four required courses may take the comprehensive examination.
- Plan B: A minimum of 24 credits of course work plus a passing grade in a written comprehensive examination and a thesis on an original research problem along with a minimum of 6 credits in original research. The thesis must be approved by both the student's faculty and the MA adviser, and it must be defended before a thesis committee.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecular Biology Lecture
- Developmental Biology
- Cell Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Genetics View 495 other Masters in Genetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- One year of organic chemistry, including laboratory
- One year of college physics
- One year of calculus
- An undergraduate major in biology, botany, physiology, zoology, chemistry, physics, or other appropriate discipline. A minimum of 18 credits in the area of specialization should be presented. Chemistry or physics majors must offer at least one year of appropriate life science for admission to any of the majors in the MA program in biological sciences.
- General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- TOEFL Test for foreign, non-English speaking students
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11090 USD per year during 12 months.
- Resident: $470 per credit
- Non-resident: $855 per credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.