Applied Behavior Analysis at The City University of New York involves the application of the principles of behavior to improve socially significant behaviors. Applied behavior analysts work with individuals who range in age from infancy through adulthood and old age in settings that include schools, homes, day programs, communities, residential care settings, businesses and research laboratories. Our master’s degree and advanced certificate programs will prepare you to develop, deliver, and evaluate the effectiveness of behavior analytic intervention for individuals with ASD.
As a student enrolled in an ABA program, you will have the option of attending class in-person or synchronously on-line via web-conferencing software. The hybrid learning format duplicates, to the extent possible, the group experience of attending class and provides opportunities for personal interactions with both your course instructors and your fellow students.
You will complete projects, quizzes, and exams at scheduled times. Your materials are submitted electronically and quizzes and exams are given online. These procedures are designed to ensure the highest level of academic rigor in both classroom and distance learning.
Board Certified Behavior Analyst® credential and eligibility to sit for the New York State Applied Behavior Analysis Licensure Exam
- Diversity in the American School
- Managing Behavior Analytic Records
- Philosophy of Behaviorism
- Ethics and Professionalism for Applied Behavior Analysts
- Functional Behavior Assessment
- Applied Behavior Analytic Autism Intervention
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Philosophy & Ethics Health Sciences View 2127 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in an approved human services field with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Unofficial transcripts
- A supplemental statement that addresses the following:
- What is ABA? Why are you interested in pursuing graduate education and training in ABA? What are your long-term goals related to ABA?
- Curriculum Vita or Resume
- Two professional references, one should be an academic reference
- An interview with program faculty
International37620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National37620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.