These opportunities are designed to meet the following purposes within the framework of Woodwinds (Five instrument) :
- To prepare students for careers as performers, composers, scholars, teachers, church musicians, and music administrators in higher education, precollege educational settings, the professional music world, the private sector, and supporting fields.
- To provide music majors and non-music majors the opportunity to develop their knowledge, understanding, and ability in all aspects of music at a level appropriate to their needs and interests.
- To broaden and deepen the knowledge and understanding of all aspects of music through research and publication.
- To enrich the lives of students, faculty, community, the state, the nation, and the world with performances of a wide variety of music. The excellence, authenticity, and originality of these performances also serve as models for future performances by students and as criteria for future listening experiences.
Personalized career advisingWherever you are on your path to discovering your ideal career, we have the expertise to help.
- The Career Development Center (CDC) is your go-to resource if you aren’t yet part of a specific Indiana University Bloomington school. Our exploration process provides you with support and guidance each step of the way—from beginning to think about your future to launching your career.
- If you are in the exploratory stage, we also encourage you to visit career centers for schools in which you have an interest, in addition to the CDC.
- Once you declare a major, you’ll work with the career center dedicated to your school for advising tailored to your academic discipline.
- Learn more about our recruiting policies for employers, including our disability disclosure guidance for students.
- Master’s Recital
- Chamber Music
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Musicology View 641 other Masters in Musicology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All persons with a bachelor’s degree in music from an accredited college, university, conservatory, or its demonstrated equivalent, are eligible to apply for admission to the Graduate Division of the Jacobs School of Music, which administers master’s degrees, doctoral degrees, diploma programs, and graduate certificates. Bachelor’s degree equivalency is determined by the Indiana University Office of International Services for applicants who have completed their undergraduate studies abroad.
International32156 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32156 USD per year during 12 months.
National30704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30704 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10630 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bloomington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.