The Physics students select from a variety of programs and interdisciplinary degrees and are integral participants in our labs. Graduate students work with professors whose research takes place on the beautiful IU Bloomington campus and at research centers and national labs throughout the world.
Personalized career advising
Wherever you are on your path to discovering your ideal career, we have the expertise to help.
- The Career Development Center (CDC) is your go-to resource if you aren’t yet part of a specific Indiana University Bloomington school. Our exploration process provides you with support and guidance each step of the way—from beginning to think about your future to launching your career.
- If you are in the exploratory stage, we also encourage you to visit career centers for schools in which you have an interest, in addition to the CDC.
- Once you declare a major, you’ll work with the career center dedicated to your school for advising tailored to your academic discipline.
- Learn more about our recruiting policies for employers, including our disability disclosure guidance for students.
- Classical Mechanics
- Advanced Classical Mechanics
- Principles of Health Physics and Dosimetry
- Nuclear and Particle Physics
- Neutron Physics and Scattering
- Digital Electronics
- Analog Electronics
- Mathematical Methods for Biology
- Modern Physics Laboratory
- Quantum Computation and Information
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics View 1001 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Physics P201, P202, P301, P309, P331, P332, and P340 (or equivalents); Mathematics M211-M212, M311 (or equivalents). Deficiencies must be removed without graduate credit.
- 8 credit hours of undergraduate physics courses
International32156 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32156 USD per year during 12 months.
National30704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30704 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10630 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bloomington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.