Students accepted to the MA in United States History will have the opportunity to study with outstanding faculty, several of whom are the authors of prize-winning books. They will gain substantial breadth as well as concentrate on particular areas of interest.
The Indiana University History department currently includes more than twenty faculty members who specialize in various aspects of United States history, including social, cultural, political, and gender history as well as the histories of race and ethnicity and the history of memory.
Personalized career advising
Wherever you are on your path to discovering your ideal career, we have the expertise to help.
- The Career Development Center (CDC) is your go-to resource if you aren’t yet part of a specific Indiana University Bloomington school. Our exploration process provides you with support and guidance each step of the way—from beginning to think about your future to launching your career.
- If you are in the exploratory stage, we also encourage you to visit career centers for schools in which you have an interest, in addition to the CDC.
- Once you declare a major, you’ll work with the career center dedicated to your school for advising tailored to your academic discipline.
- Learn more about our recruiting policies for employers, including our disability disclosure guidance for students.
- Colloquium in United States History
- Seminar in United States History
- United States since World War II
- History H601
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Modern History View 324 other Masters in Modern History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Application fee
- Personal Statement/Statement of Intent
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Writing Sample
- Official Transcripts
- Original GRE test scores
- TOEFL scores (for non-native English speakers)
International32156 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32156 USD per year during 12 months.
National30704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30704 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10630 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bloomington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.