The Master of Science in Nursing, offered by The University of Iowa, requires a minimum of 39 s.h. of graduate credit. The program has a clinical nurse leader focus. It is designed to build on general and professional baccalaureate study.
The M.S.N. curriculum consists of a core component of 21 s.h., which students take with College of Nursing doctoral students, and a specialization component of 18 s.h. that centers on the clinical nurse leader role.
- Students who constantly envision new ways to create change or innovate to improve health care delivery or nursing practice can thrive in a M.S.N. Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) role.
- The program prepares the CNL with the necessary knowledge and skills to make a difference both in a microsystem or a changing work environment. Upon graduation, CNL students are eligible for the certification exam.
- The M.S.N. Clinical Nurse Leader provides students with eight essential roles to ensure job flexibility, including clinician, educator, advocate, outcomes manager, information manager, systems analyst, a role as a member of the profession, and with outcomes-based skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Evaluating Evidence for Practice
- Quality and Safety
- Clinical Education in the Care Environment
- Physiology, Pathophysiology, and Pharmacology I for the Clinical Nurse Leader
- Leadership in the Microsystem
- Applied Epidemiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 686 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants)
- Statement of Purpose
- Supplemental Information form
- Copy of RN license
- Statement of Disclosure
- Three letters of recommendation
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile. If you are admitted, official transcripts will be required before your enrollment
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement
International34706 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34706 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National36238 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36238 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State18096 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18096 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.