The Master of Physician Assistant Studies (M.P.A.S.) program, at The University of Iowa, emphasizes primary care medicine, particularly family medicine. It also offers elective clinical rotations in selected medical subspecialties.
Students who complete the program are eligible to take the National Certifying Examination for Primary Care Physician Assistants, which they must complete successfully in order to register as physician assistants in the United States.
Physician assistants work in a variety of settings, including medical offices, hospital emergency rooms, nursing homes, rural satellite clinics, health maintenance organizations, and patients' homes.
- Emergency Medicine for Physician Assistant
- Gynecology for Physician Assistant
- Family Practice I for Physician Assistant
- Family Practice II for Physician Assistant
- General Surgery for Physician Assistant
- Internal Medicine for Physician Assistant
- 28 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy View 189 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online to the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA)
- Your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service can be submitted directly to CASPA (institutional code 0466)
International30334 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30334 USD per year during 28 months.
National30334 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30334 USD per year during 28 months.
In-State11387 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11387 USD per year during 28 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.