The Master of Science program in Informatics, offered by The University of Iowa, requires a minimum of 30-32 s.h. of graduate credit, depending on a student's choice of subprogram: the bioinformatics and computational biology subprogram requires a minimum of 30 s.h. of credit; the geoinformatics, health informatics, and information science subprograms require a minimum of 32 s.h. of credit. Students working toward a Doctor of Philosophy in informatics may be granted a Master of Science degree upon completion of the M.S. requirements.Students select an advisor from their subprogram's affiliated faculty members. In consultation with their advisors, students prepare a study plan, which is reviewed at least once a year. A final master's degree examination, either oral or written, is required for the geoinformatics or information science subprogram.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Informatics
- Information Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences View 439 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants)
- A statement of purpose
- A curriculum vitae
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- An Application for Graduate Awards
- Three letters of recommendation
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile
- Your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement
International29026 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29026 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National30414 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30414 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11467 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11467 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.