The Nursing program of College of Saint Elizabeth offers two tracks – Nursing Education and Nursing Leadership. The program provides nurses with the opportunity to develop the skills, confidence and knowledge necessary to practice as:
- Faculty in schools and colleges of nursing.
- Educators in health care organizations.
- Patient educators or community educators.
- Nurse leaders in health care organizations.
- Foundation for further educational advancement through nurse practitioner certification or doctoral education.
Unique Elements of This Program
- The program features a core with advanced study in nursing education and nursing leadership and one clinical practicum course.
- The cohort model facilitates learning and interaction with classmates and highly experienced faculty.
- The program can be completed in three years of part-time study.
- The Nurse Educator track prepares nurses for the NLN Nurse Educator National Certification Exam and both tracks provide the foundation for doctoral study.
- Courses are offered in a blended format that combines face-to-face instruction with online, independent and group assignments.
- Course content in the nursing education track includes: educational tests and measurements; educational learning theories; pedagogical strategies, curriculum development and evaluation.
- Course content in the nursing leadership track includes leadership in health care; human factors and the healthcare environment; health informatics and financial management for nurses; and health policy and advocacy.
- Practical knowledge development of 90 hours is facilitated through the educational teaching practicum in a variety of settings through the implementation of diverse delivery models inclusive of technological pedagogies.
Why Choose CSE
- CSE has a highly regarded reputation in nursing education at the baccalaureate level.
- Small classes, individual attention, experienced caring faculty.
- Flexible hours for advisement, registration, and career counseling.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical Terminology
- Physical Assessment Across the Lifespan
- Pharmacology for Nursing
- Informatics in Nursing
- Nursing Care Provider I - Fundamentals of Nursing
- Nursing Care Provider Clinical
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNursing View 725 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) colleges/universities attended
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions. International transcripts must be evaluated by NACES (i.e. WES) on a course by course basis.
- RN license
- B.S.N. from a program accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency for nursing
- Undergraduate courses in statistics, nursing research and physical assessment
- Clinical experience
International30030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1001 USD per credit during 36 months.
National30030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1001 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Morristown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.