About this Degree
The Statistics MS from University of Tennessee Knoxville is only offered through the Intercollegiate Graduate Statistics and Data Science Program (IGSDSP) and enables students to earn an MS in statistics simultaneously with a doctoral degree in another department. A limited amount of approved course work taken to meet doctoral requirements in the student’s home department may also be credited toward the MS in statistics. Similarly, approved course work in statistics taken to meet the requirements for a master’s or doctoral degree in another department may also count toward the statistics minor.
The program is open to graduate students in all participating departments which have an approved concurrent Master’s curriculum offered through the program. The program is administered by an executive committee, consisting of college representatives from all colleges with approved programs, with advisory input from the program faculty.
- Statistics for Research I
- Probability and Mathematical Statistics
- 3 credit hours of STAT level B coursework as described on IGSDSP website
- 3 additional approved level B courses offered by UT units and listed on IGSDSP website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Domestic applicants may apply up to two weeks prior to the beginning of the desired term of entry
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Statistics View 374 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
- Applicants for the statistics major must be current graduate students in a doctoral degree program at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville in a department or program which has established an approved program of study through the Intercollegiate Graduate Statistics and Data Science Program (IGSDSP).
- Students currently enrolled in doctoral programs complete the Request for Concurrent Master’s Degree form available from Forms Central page of the Graduate School website.
- Exceptional students enrolled in a Master’s degree program may request to earn a concurrent Master of Science with a major in Statistics. Contact the Director of the Intercollegiate Graduate Statistics and Data Science Program for more information.
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.