About this Degree
Students entering the program must take courses and write a thesis related to one of our four core fields: criminology, critical race & ethnic studies, environmental sociology, or political economy & globalization.
The Sociology program from University of Tennessee Knoxville is focused on critical inquiry that examines social phenomenon through a lens of power. Upon successful completion of this program, students should have an understanding of important theoretical concepts and methodological approaches to the study of sociology.
Concentrations (Required) and Option Available
- Criminology — Thesis
- Critical Race and Ethnic Studies — Thesis
- Environmental Sociology — Thesis
- Political Economy and Globalization — Thesis
Sociology and Social Justice
Pedagogy and Graduate Instruction
Research Methods in Sociology
Foundations of Criminology
- Advanced Studies in Criminology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Sociology Educational Research View 426 other Masters in Educational Research in United States
- Overall undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Writing sample
- Personal statement
- Completion of the appropriate previous degree (baccalaureate, preferably with a major in one of the social sciences).
- New students are typically admitted in fall semester only.
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.