Studies are possible across a wide variety of crop commodities, including fruits, vegetables, weeds, cereals, grains, turfgrass, ornamental plants, and public horticulture.
Plant Sciences students from University of Tennessee Knoxville can undertake research to address challenges related to plant protection, molecular biology, breeding, genetics, biotechnology, physiology, ecology, culture, and management. Students must select a formal concentration as a focus of study.Concentrations (Required) and Options Available:
- Crop Sciences — Thesis, Project
- Horticulture — Thesis, Project
- Plant Breeding — Thesis, Project
- Plant Molecular Genetics — Thesis, Project
- Weed Science — Thesis, Project
More informationVisit official programme website
- Nursery Management and Production
- Native Plants in the Landscape
- Field Study of Public Horticulture Institutions
- Greenhouse Management
- Fruit and Vegetable Crops
- Field and Forage Crops
- Plant and Garden Photography
- Public Garden Operations and Management
- Specialty Landscape Construction
- Weed Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesAgriculture Plant & Crop Sciences Environmental Sciences View 172 other Masters in Agriculture in United States
- Applicants must have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting agency. A non-U.S. degree must be equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from the United States and must be accredited by its regional or national accreditation agency.
- pplicants may be required to submit standardized test scores, depending upon their program requirements.
- Applicants may be required to submit English language certification test scores.
- An applicant requesting admission to the Graduate School may be required to submit results of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31798 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31798 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13380 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.