About Electrical and Computer Engineering at The University of Iowa
Students select an advisor and, with the advisor, plan an individual program bounded only by the broad guidelines of the Graduate College and the program. The department maintains close interdisciplinary ties with other University of Iowa departments, especially with the Departments of Physics and Astronomy, and Computer Science (College of Liberal Arts and Sciences); the Departments of Industrial and Systems Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering, the Roy J. Carver Department of Biomedical Engineering (College of Engineering); and the Carver College of Medicine. Principal areas of graduate study include medical image analysis, signal and image processing, control systems and systems theory, wireless communications, waves and materials, computer systems, and computational genomics.
The engineering profession is a foundation for a variety of careers in industry, medicine, law, government, and consulting. Electrical engineers find employment everywhere smart technology is employed. They consistently rank among the most sought after and highest-paid technology professionals. On average, 93-98 percent of graduates are employed in their field of study or pursuing advanced education within seven months of graduation.
- High Performance Computer Architecture
- Graph Algorithms and Combinatorial Optimization
- Fundamentals of Software Engineering
- Formal Methods in Software Engineering
- Software Engineering Languages and Tools
- Software Engineering Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Computer Sciences View 1044 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- A U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or an equivalent degree from another country as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- A minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00, or the foreign equivalent as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- English Proficiency Requirements
- A résumé
- A statement of purpose
- Application for Graduate Awards
- Three letters of recommendation
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
- Your official GRE scores from Education Testing Service
International29379 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29379 USD per year during 12 months.
National31258 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31258 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12311 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12311 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.