About this Degree
The Master of Landscape Architecture (MLA) from University of Tennessee Knoxville has a first-professional track (MLA, Track 1) that is designed to prepare students as critically-engaged practitioners, and a post-professional track (MLA, Track 2) that provides opportunities for research-oriented studies in areas of speculation and specialization.
Concentrations and Options Available
- Track 1 (first professional degree track) — Thesis or Project
- Track 2 (post-professional degree track) — Thesis or Project
The MLA-Track 1 is designed to prepare students to be critically engaged designers with the ability to employ a wide range of knowledge and skills in order to become leaders in the field. Two curricular paths are available in this degree track.
- Path A is designed to accommodate students who have no previous formal study in landscape architecture.
- Path B – Advanced Placement Option is designed to accommodate students with a bachelor’s degree in landscape design or students in related design fields like architecture, urban design or interior design. Any advanced standing in this path is determined on a case by case basis by the director dependent upon the specific courses and content a student has already completed. Once advanced standing is determined, as little as two years may be required to complete the Path B program. Proof of a minimum of one year of studio design experience is required.
- Path C – is designed specifically for students in the BArch program at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and it allows for students from the BArch to complete the MLA in as little as one year of graduate studies. To pursue this option, students must apply for acceptance to the School of Landscape Architecture in the spring semester of their 4th year. This application must include all of the materials listed below which are required for admission to this degree track (see Admissions to MLA – Track 1 (First Professional Degree).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Special Problems in Geology
- Design Studio
- Design Communication
- Contemporary Landscape Architecture
- Histories and Theories
- Operative Landscapes
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Landscape Architecture View 126 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university are required. International applicants must have an equivalent four-year degree and 3.00 GPA.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Letter of Intent.
- Design Portfolio.
- he general portion of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is recommended but not required. Applicants choosing to take the test should take the GRE at least one semester in advance of application for admission.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take and pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Recommended overall TOEFL scores are a minimum of 92.
- A personal on-site interview is desirable but not mandatory.
- Candidates with a GPA less than 3.00 may be considered for conditional admission when evidence of exceptional promise is identified.
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 36 months.
National31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.