The Master of Landscape Architecture-Track 2 (MLA II) is a post-professional degree for students who already hold a first-professional degree in Landscape Architecture from an LAAB accredited program or the international equivalent The MLA-Track 2 offers post-professional students opportunities for specialization related to landscape architecture design, research, or professional studies.
The MLA-Track 1 from University of Tennessee Knoxville is designed to prepare students to be critically engaged designers with the ability to employ a wide range of knowledge and skills in order to become leaders in the field. Two curricular paths are available in this degree track.
- Path A is designed to accommodate students who have no previous formal study in landscape architecture.
- Path B is designed to accommodate students with a bachelor’s degree in landscape design or students in related design fields like architecture, urban design or interior design. Any advanced standing in this path is determined on a case by case basis dependent upon the specific courses and content a student has already completed. Once advanced standing is determined, as little as two years may be required to complete the Path B program.
- Path B – Advanced Standing Option is designed specifically for students in the BArch program at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. To pursue this option, students must apply for acceptance to the School of Landscape Architecture in the Spring Term of their 4th year. This application must include all of the materials listed below which are required for admission to this degree track (see Admissions to MLA – Track 1 (First Professional Degree).
- Design and Construction
- Thesis Preparation/Programming
- Histories and Theories
- Professional Practices
- International Study
- Off-Campus Study
- Independent Study in Landscape Architecture
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Landscape Architecture View 113 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United States
- Online application
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university are required. International applicants must have an equivalent four-year degree and 3.00 GPA.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Letter of Intent. This letter should indicate why the applicant is interested in pursuing a degree in Landscape Architecture at UTK.
- Design Portfolio.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take and pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Recommended overall TOEFL scores are a minimum of 92.
- A personal on-site interview is desirable but not mandatory.
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31798 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
National31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31798 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
In-State13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13380 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.