About this Degree
The University of Tennessee Department of Biochemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology (BCMB) trains graduate students in the fundamentals of scientific research. The department provides an excellent graduate education with a highly diverse graduate population. The program offers: a) high-quality graduate coursework in the form of lectures, lab courses, and seminars; b) participation in high impact, fundamental research at the cutting edge of the molecular and cellular biological sciences; and c) diverse teaching opportunities with active mentoring to improve their teaching skills.
The BCMB faculty is committed to fostering a strong mentoring environment for all of their students that will maximize their subsequent career opportunities in diverse career paths. The Biochemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology Graduate Program is offered at the University of Tennessee Knoxville
- Neurogenetics Laboratory
- Molecular Biology and Genomics
- Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- General Physiology
- Biophysical Chemistry
- Physiology of Exercise
- Registration for Use of Facilities
- Computational Structural Biochemistry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 1224 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Grades. U.S. Degree holders must have earned a 2.7 out of a possible 4.0 GPA or a minimum of 3.0 during the senior year of undergraduate study. Foreign degree holders must have earned a minimum of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or other equivalent to a ‘B’ average.
- Official Graduate School Application. You must apply online via the Graduate School’s website. If you need a paper copy of the application, please contact UT Graduate Admissions. Once you have completed the application, you must also submit:One copy of official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Non-Refundable $60 application fee.
- An assay describing your research experience, career goal and the reasons why you would like to pursue graduate degrees at BCMB, UTK.
- Optional: GRE Scores
- Letters of recommendation
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 12 months.
National31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.