Whether you feel God calling you to be a pastor, missionary, chaplain, church planter, worship leader, campus pastor or something else, our divinity degree provides the right tools for fruitful ministry.
As you complete your Master of Divinity degree at Asbury Theological Seminary, you will
- Receive a solid, biblically-based, spiritually formative theological education and demonstrate an ability to interpret Scripture within your contemporary ministry setting.
- Preach, teach and disciple in an effective, transformative way, with particular attention to the Wesleyan-holiness tradition.
- Conduct anthropological studies to help you interpret the gospel for your context and to develop fresh methods for preaching and leading.
- Develop habits to practice a Wesleyan understanding of personal and social holiness.
- Learn and apply practical skills through internships and immersion experiences in a Christian ministry setting.
You can complete a specialization within your Masters of Divinity degree by taking 5 specified courses from one of the following specializations. Those opting for a specialization must declare so within the first 32 hours.
M.Div. Concentrations include:
Church Planting – Be equipped to plant churches, preach effectively and make disciples wherever God calls you through theoretical, theological and practical study.
Anglican Studies – Become a leader within the Anglican Tradition by deepening your understanding of Anglican ministry, worship and spirituality.
Aging and Spirituality – Prepare for a vocation of educational leadership, discipleship and formation across each lifespan as you nurture those within the local and global church, para-church and other organizations.
Biblical Studies – Pursue knowledge and practical Christian disciplines to prepare you to teach and preach in congregations, para-church organizations and Christian institutions.
Christian Discipleship – Build upon biblical, historical, theological and contextual foundations as you prepare to teach and equip lifelong disciples.
Christian Leadership – Develop effective leadership skills and qualities as you prepare to be a leader in the church, marketplace or non-profit.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Vocation of Ministry
- Missional Formation
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Basic Christian Doctrine
- Care of Persons
- Pastoral Crisis Intervention
- Church History
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 143 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
- $50 non-refundable Application Fee
- Accredited baccalaureate degree
- The M.A. [BS] program requires a 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA
- Official transcripts from all schools where classes were taken for more than one semester
- Personal history essay (1050-1500 words) 350-500 words per question.
- Four references completed on the Admissions Office form at asburyseminary.edu, including a pastoral reference (required) and a professor or academic administrator reference (recommended). Laity or personal acquaintances are accepted.
- For applicants whose primary language is not English, a TOEFL score of 550 (79 internet-based) or an IELTS score of 7.
- Background Check
- A personal interview may be required upon request by the Admissions Committee
International33216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 692 USD per credit during 24 months.
National33216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 692 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.