In addition, candidates will become proficient in organizing and supervising literacy programs in schools.
- The Literacy program at St. Thomas Aquinas College is a total of 36 credits.
- Most candidates complete the program in two years but candidates can work at a quicker or slower pace as needed.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Language Development: Foundation for Literacy
- Literacy Strategies: Early Childhood and Childhood
- Diversity Themes in Children’s Literature
- Teaching of Writing: Early Childhood and Childhood
- Reading and Writing in the Content Areas: Early Childhood and Childhood
- Diagnostic Assessment and Intervention
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLiteracy Education View 175 other Masters in Literacy Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete your Common Application. It's a snap! Remember to include your college essay.
- Have your college counselor send us transcripts from your secondary (high) school.
- Send your SAT or ACT scores to STAC. We will take only your highest scores into consideration, especially if you test more than once.
- All international students are required to take either the TOEFL , IELTS, Duolingo English Test or Pearson PTE English language proficiency exam, unless your secondary school was primarily taught in English.
- STAC requires at least one letter of recommendation. This can be from a teacher, coach, mentor, or adviser who knows you well. All letters of recommendation can be emailed directly to the international admissions counselor or to email@example.com.
- Any student attending secondary (high) school outside of the U.S. must have a transcript evaluation completed by any of the organizations on the NACES membership list.
International19440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1080 USD per credit during 24 months.
National19440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1080 USD per credit during 24 months.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.