Students must demonstrate reading competency in a foreign language, either classical or modern, by the time of graduation.
At the end of their Theology course of study at Aquinas Institute of Theology students must successfully complete a written comprehensive exam. To this end, students must demonstrate their scholarly competence to engage reflectively and critically across the disciplines of theology.
Students must also engage in independent research leading to an academic thesis approved for presentation to the Aquinas community.. Assisted by a faculty member, students select and research a topic of personal interest that culminates in an original piece of scholarly research suitable for publication.
- Students who hold an MA from Aquinas have gone on for further theological study in prestigious PhD programs at schools in the United States and Europe. Others teach theology in high schools across the country.
- Still others serve in parishes or dioceses in various capacities or lead non–profits. Some have used the theological expertise gained from completing the MA degree to pursue opportunities in professional fields such as health care, law, and business.
- Bible Interpretation
- Scripture Elective
- Historical Studies
- Church History l: Patristic and Medieval
- Church History II: Reformation to Post-Modern Era
- Systematic Theology
- Moral Theology
- Foundations of Catholic Morality
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 804 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Resume or CV
- Personal Statement
- Reflection Paper
- Standardized Tests
- Three References
- Application Fee
International30600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Saint Louis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.