Technological tools facilitate course delivery, communication, and research. Enhancements include streamed video, braided discussions, audio conferencing, video reflections, and use of Internet resources.
Students in the master’s Reading Specialist program at the University of Alaska Southeast focus on developmental, cognitive, and sociocultural aspects of reading acquisition, instruction, and assessment. Professional and caring attitudes and beliefs about teaching lead to responsive and rigorous instruction in reading and literacy for all P-12 students, including those who are culturally and linguistically diverse.
Accomplished teaching professionals promote collaboration with students, colleagues, parents, families, and the larger community to improve literacy learning and student achievement in their contexts. Students prepare an exit portfolio in line with the goals of the Alaska College of Education and the program standards of the International Reading Association to demonstrate levels of knowledge and pedagogy commensurate with the skills and dispositions of highly competent advanced teaching professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Classroom Research
- Technology in Instructional Design
- Language, Reading and Culture
- Developing Reading, ECE-12
- Reading and Cognition
- Reading Instruction and Assessment
- Literature and Reading: Supporting Readers at All Levels
- Reading and Literacy in the Content Areas
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 3603 other Masters in Education in United States
- A completed graduate application and $60 nonrefundable application fee.
- An official transcript indicating baccalaureate degree and a GPA of 3.00.
- Two general recommendations written on UAS provided form by former or current professors, employers, or supervisors who are familiar with your work and performance.
- Please write an essay of three to five pages (1500 words maximum)
International25896 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12948 USD per semester during 12 months.
National25896 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12948 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State12312 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6156 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Brookfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.