The Leadership and Administration program at Northern State University prepares school service personnel for leadership roles in PK-12 school administration. Specialized courses foster development of the analytic and scientific inquiry skills needed by school administrators— including management, public relations, curriculum development and supervision.
Courses provide the background for certification in a wide range of administrative positions. Schools accredited by North Central Association (NCA) require at least 45 hours of graduate credit (including a master’s degree) for a principalship. These requirements may be completed at Northern State University. Admission to the leadership and administration program requires one year of full-time PK-12 teaching experience in an accredited school. Three years of verified teaching experience is required for licensure in South Dakota.
Potential careers include positions at the PK-12 level as a principal, assistant principal, athletic director or dean of students.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Graduate Research and Design
- Psychology of Learning
- Models of Educational Leadership
- Supervision and Mentoring
- Legal Issues for School Leaders
- Data Driven Decision Making
- School and Community Partnerships
- Public School Finance
- School Leadership in Early Childhood Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Administration View 503 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- If you'd like to pursue a master's degree at Northern, please declare this intent when admitted to graduate study. The minimum grade point average for admission to a master's degree program is a cumulative 2.75 for bachelor's degree work.
International616 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 616 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National471 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 471 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State329 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 329 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.