Palmer’s Master of Divinity program at Eastern University has been crafted for both of these kinds of callings, with students able to choose between a “Pastoral Leadership” track and an “Adaptive Leadership” one with a significant number of electives.
- Flexible: flexible course offerings with morning, afternoon, and evening classes available, as well a blended residency/online options available through the West Virginia program, enabling working students to complete their degree quickly.
- Affirming: affirming of women and men in ministry.
- Diverse: ethnic, racial, and denominational diversity in student, faculty, and staff population, fostering rich peer to peer learning in an environment of appreciation of differences.
- Prayerful: a community that takes prayer for each other seriously, upholding and encouraging each other.
- Scholar/Pastor/Practitioner faculty: professors who are both scholars, pastors and/or practitioners of other ministries, with a commitment to mentoring students in the diversity of their callings.
- Committed to social justice: emphasis on social justice through coursework and the work of the faculty as a response to the Gospel mandate.
- Scholarship opportunities: Many different scholarships available, including Sider, Brauch, and Presidential.
- Biblical Interpretation for Ministry
- Old Testament Study
- New Testament Study
- Nurturing Spiritual Life & Character: Introduction to Spiritual Formation
- Foundations of Pastoral Care and Counseling
- Theology and Ethics of Congregational Life
- The Church in Mission Through History
- 36 months
- 120 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 282 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BA or equivalency
- online application
- transcripts, personal statement, and two references
International14066 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 541 USD per credit during 36 months.
National14066 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 541 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.