The Rockhurst University Masters in Elementary Education prepares educators with a solid background in their chosen field of study who are knowledgeable and competent in the craft of teaching and who bring well-informed perspectives to bear on educational policies and practices. Our Masters in Education helps students engage in the Rockhurst tradition of preparing men and women for and with service to others.
Students earning a masters in education will analyze alternatives in curricula, evaluate teaching methodologies and assessment strategies and consider the implications of such alternatives for a multicultural society. This education masters program provides rigorous coursework, varied field experiences, and service-learning projects. It’s more than a teaching degree – students acquire a deep understanding of, and special sensitivity to, the challenges and rewards of leading in an educational setting.
The Masters in Education program accommodates busy schedules with classes offered face-to-face, blended, and online. All courses start at 5 p.m., allowing students to work part-time or full-time day jobs. Field experiences and service-learning projects may require some scheduling flexibility, however.
- Foundations of Education
- Fundamentals of Literacy Learning
- Technology and Education: Applications and Implications
- Action Research
- Integrating Arts Instruction into the Elementary School Curriculum
- Advanced Psychological Foundations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
The Rockhurst University M.Ed. program welcomes your application at any time during the year.
DisciplinesTeaching Primary Education View 230 other Masters in Primary Education in United States
- One official transcript sent directly to the Rockhurst University Office of Graduate Admission from each college and university you have attended.
- Complete a baccalaureate degree at an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Submit your graduate program application, including two letters of professional recommendations addressing your potential to serve as a teacher, along with a written essay describing your academic background, professional goals, and reasons for pursuing your M.Ed.
- If you are an international student, the following is required:English proficiency: TOEFL - Internet-based minimum score of 80, or iTEP score of 3.9
- Provide an Official Statement of Finances/ Financial affidavit directly from a bank or financial institution.
- Official undergraduate academic credentials, translated into English if necessary
International13387 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 525 USD per credit during 24 months.
National13387 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 525 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.