The ability to innovate is crucial for business survival and growth in the current climate of rapid technological advancement and changing consumer preferences. Without innovation and entrepreneurship skills, more and more corporate ventures are failing when faced with market challenges.
In the Corporate Innovation MicroMasters Program , which is offered by EdX in partnership with University of Queensland - UQx, you will develop the knowledge and skills to encourage innovation and entrepreneurship within your organization.
The program will teach you how to understand, integrate and promote innovation in a variety of settings, including public, private and not-for profit organizations and research institutions. Drawing on the innovation value chain, this program will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the different aspects of corporate innovation, including:
- how to foster creativity and design thinking in the initial idea generation phase
- how organizations can utilize idea management tools to select the most feasible ideas for development, including how to manage intellectual property, introduce innovative processes and commercialize new technologies, products and services;
- how an evidence-based approach to innovation management can be utilized to improve the decision-making process; and
- how to build innovation into the strategy, capabilities and culture of an organization.
During this program, theory will be complemented with real-world case studies, which will help you develop strategies that you can apply to improve business productivity, economic growth and global competitiveness. Additionally, as a verified learner, you will have the opportunity to refine your knowledge and skills, with the guidance of UQ experts, through a series of activities that allow you to apply theory and tools to your own ideas.
Graduates of the program will be empowered with the ability to foster entrepreneurial and innovative behaviors in themselves and others; making them well suited to leadership roles within innovation programs, and enhancing an organizations ability to rapidly respond to and survive market threats.
- Innovation Manager median salary US$116,422 in September 2017. (source: Glassdoor)
- The ability to manage innovation would be beneficial to innovation managers and strategists, business development and general managers, entrepreneurs and business owners and technology transfer officers.
- 93% of organisations believe innovation is important to driving their growth agenda, 70% still struggle to articulate a clearly defined innovation strategy (source: 2015 Survey from EY and the Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation).
What You'll Learn:
- Fundamentals of creative and design thinking to enable innovation
- Idea Management to better select and implement business ideas
- Evidence based innovation how to develop a business model into a business plan
- How to scale innovation as a capability within organisations and asses your innovation readiness
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Thinking and Creativity for Innovation
- Idea Development: Create and Implement Innovative Ideas
- Innovation: From Plan to Product
- Creating and Sustaining an Innovation Culture
- Corporate Innovation Capstone Assessment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 11 months
- 8 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Corporate Communication Corporate Social Responsibility View 3 other Masters in Corporate Social Responsibility in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1210 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1210 USD for the full programme during 11 months.
National1210 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1210 USD for the full programme during 11 months.
5% discount coupon: Z7LZNQ4TN3B2JTWU valid for any free course + certificate upgrade
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.