Why Pursue a Masters in Creative Writing Online Degree?
The low-residency format of the Creative Writing program of Saint Leo University provides extreme flexibility for working adults, meaning that you can pursue your writing goals online without interrupting your existing commitments to career, community, and family. Students spend one week each summer in an intensive residency, return home to work on their own creative projects in a one-on-one mentor relationship with a published writer of national reputation.
Designed to be completed in just two calendar years, the 36-hour masters in creative writing online degree requires three summer residencies, four semesters of study, and a book-length thesis of the student’s creative work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Theory & Practice Creative Writing
- Workshop in Poetry
- Workshop in Fiction
- Workshop in Creative Nonfiction
- Foundations in Poetry
- Foundations in Fiction
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Applicants should submit the materials 60 days before the beginning of the term in which they wish to enroll.
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 25 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university, with a minimum GPA of 3.25 on a 4-point scale
- Fill out the online application
- Submit a one-time, non-refundable $80 application fee
- Send official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you've previously attended to the Office of Graduate Admission
- A sample of the applicant’s original creative work in the genre in which the student wishes to specialize
- Two letters of reference, ideally one professional and one academic
- A personal statement detailing the candidate’s reasons for pursuing graduate study in creative writing, and their goals for obtaining the degree
- Determine how you plan to pay for the program
International19500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 24 months.
National19500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.