The Marriage and Family Therapy program of Fresno Pacific University integrates theology, theory, personal formation and professional practice. This program is ideal for any student desiring to help in the healing process of those who have experienced hurt, pain and hardship in life. The program prepares you and covers the content areas required for the California Marriage and Family Therapy licensure exams.
- Purposeful community of learners and leaders
- Experienced and published faculty
- Theologically diverse student body
- MFT and ministry students integrated in foundational courses
- Option to study in Israel each summer
- Option to attend the Hispanic Summer Program
- Diverse practicum opportunities
- Online courses available
- Fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- In 2018, our MFT students passed the Licensed Clinical Exam at a rate of 71% and the Law & Ethics exam at a rate of 100%.
Graduating with an MFT degree from the Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary prepares you for California licensure* as a therapist. FPU Biblical Seminary graduates work as therapists in private counseling centers, their own private practices, county mental health facilities among other places. After graduation, you will continue the 3,000 hour internship requirement for CA state licensing; once the hours are completed you may then apply through the Board of Behavioral Science to take the Licensed Marriage & Family Therapy exam
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Bible Knowledge Requirement Seminar
- The Church and God's Mission in the World
- Understanding, Interpreting, and Teaching Scripture
- Theology for Integration *
- Story of the Church & Its Theology
- Introduction to Counseling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Psychology View 896 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
- Minimum GPA of a 3.0.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Three reference letters: one from a Pastor or Spiritual mentor, one from a professor or employer, and one from a friend
- Official GRE exam scores
- Three prerequisite courses: intro to psychology, abnormal psychology, and human development
- Fifty hours of face-to-face counseling experience
- Personal profile questions
- Short answer questions
International530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 530 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 530 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.